Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review

A few years ago at our end of the year book club meeting, one of our members asked that we each share our greatest joy of the year and our greatest sorrow. It was a great moment of sharing and reflecting and brought too many tears to our eyes, so that's probably why we haven't done it again. We usually don't get that intimate at book club, but I enjoyed sharing our lives a little more and it's always a good thing to self reflect and share. (And there are three therapists in our book club so they are actually pros at self reflecting.)

I always find myself perusing old posts at the end of the year as a way to see where we've been over the past 12 months and remind myself how blessed we are to have many enjoyable moments with our friends and family. Here is a year in review with photos and comments.
Family memories 2013
My greatest joys this year were meeting my niece and being there with my sister in her first days of mommyhood, having better control over my health issues and finding doctors that I respect and value, and as always watching my daughter blossom and grow.
Fun with Friends in 2013
My greatest sorrows this year included losing my Poppy, not getting the house we loved and waited a year for, and struggling to be content while in limbo between houses.

I was challenged in many ways this year: eating a healthier diet the Paleo way for a few months, starting a part time job, writing for a new blog, and moving.
Holiday Memories in 2013
We had lots of fun experiences as a family: Myriad concerts, summer movies, yurt vacation, Frontier City, lake trips, Disney on Ice, Orr Family Farm, starting to read chapter books with Liv, the State Fair, Rte 66 journey, water parks, family reunion, horse races, trips to OR and TN, and lots of fun events with our church family.
Olivia in 2013
My goals for 2014 are to get into a permanent home, travel to a state I've never been to, try a new class at the gym, and be better at setting goals for myself throughout the year. Ha...it's my goal to set goals? We'll see how it goes :)

I hope you have a Happy New Year and thanks for reading my blog! What were your most joyful or sorrowful moments from 2013? Do you have goals or resolutions for 2014?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good to read your blog. :) Blessed to have you in my life. Love you. -Rachel

The Moores said...

Hey, have you ever been to Idaho? We can help knock that one off the list! Happy New Year, love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing. I enjoy it so much! Blessings on your new year. Im praying for your house
Love, Aunt Debby

Anonymous said...

A great sorrow was Mom Isenberg's stroke and the life changes and challenges that brought. A great joy was Mom Isenberg's survival after the stroke and the blessing of more time with her on this side of eternity. No new goals or resolutions. Just continue to wake up every morning with the resolve to be a Light for Him. Happy New Year to my sweet daughter in law and thank you for being such a dedicated and talented blogger. Love you

Shawn and Becky said...

Hoping you find the house you love this year! Happy New Year!

AM said...

Guess what I think we should talk about at book club next week.... :)

Loved your recap!

kmom said...

Some things I enjoyed most in 2013: spending time with you all during Olivia's birthday weekend (we did so many different interesting activities), and spending time with Mary Belle, Amy, and Joe for most of 2 weeks in November, and seeing the joy your Daddy has spending one-on-one time with each granddaughter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails