Thursday, January 23, 2014

Better Than a Toy Store: Dental Depot

She seriously loves this place. Every time we drive by one (there are several around the city and they all look like train stations) she asks when we are going to the dentist next. All week she's been remembering all the fun things she did last time she was there and asking me if she would get another t-shirt? lizard? princess tattoo? toothbrush? floss? Would she get to ring the bell? play on the train? play with latex gloves?

They put us in cubicles right beside each other and I could hear her talking to the dental hygienist 90 miles an hour. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to being a fly on the wall as she interacts with others (especially since by the time she's a teen there won't be phone lines to eavesdrop on) and it was pretty cute. I am always surprised how well she can conversate with others because if Ryan or I am around she tends to play the shy card and wants us to answer for her. She chatted it up with the hygienist and used manners and somehow ended up with a whole bag of swag by the time we left with shiny teeth and a healthy report!

3 comments:

kmom said...

You have taught her well. So glad she had a good report.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my hygienist talks to me during my exam. I always feel like I have to answer, which is very hard to do with her hand in my mouth. I'm so glad she's not afraid of the dentist. Mom aka Gma

Wendy M. said...

So random but I use to sell Rx to the dental depot and always wondered why I didn't have such a cool place to go see the DDS when I was a kid. Great job Olivia! : )
Wendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails