Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blog It Out

There's a message true and glad for the sinful and the sad, blog it out, blog it out.....(anybody singing along? That one's for you Kassi) Man I love to rewrite hymns :)

These are things occupying my mind at the moment.....

  • I've been in a pretty good place with our housing situation. It helped to get the Christmas clutter put away. Or maybe it's because I started praying for contentment instead of a house.
  • Then another house came along.... 
  • I liked it, but kinda had to talk Ryan into it. Then we had only a few hours to decide if we wanted it, before the owner rented it. Then he shockingly took our low ball offer. We weren't expecting that. Now we are waiting on inspections and still kind of scratching our heads.
  • Now that I blogged about it, we probably won't get it.
  • So much for contentment.....it was fun while it lasted.
  • Sooo pre-k sign ups and applications and meetings are already happening. This kinda blows my mind. We went to our first meeting last night and I felt suuuper old and out of place. I remember being dragged to PTA meetings and now I'm the one dragging MY kid to school meetings? 
  • Being that we don't know where we will live when she starts school it's been a challenge to decide what school to apply at. Where we currently live? Where we want to live? The new charter school downtown? Or play Cleopatra Queen of Denial and keep her home til she's 18...or 21...or married?
  • So school is on my mind a lot. Probably need to pray for contentment about that too. I really can't think about it for long before my heart races and I have to go hold my baby on the couch and hum a lullaby while rocking back and forth as her gangly four year old legs thrash around and she looks at me like I'm crazy. Other mom's do this too right? Right?

4 comments:

kmom said...

Praying for contentment is good. For troublesome problems it helps to do what you can, pray for God's help and His will to be done, and then just let Him handle it. (Meanwhile try hard to be busy doing something useful to keep your mind focused on something you can control.)

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you during this time. As for the school issue, if it helps, you could always homeschool a bit til you get settled to avoid changing schools. -April

Anonymous said...

Can I come to your house and hold my baby on my lap and hum a lullaby and cry a little? Yes, other moms do it. Time slows down for no man (or woman), especially when you become a parent. Give my baby boy a hug for me since my arms won't reach that far. Miss you all muchly. My hopes are high for the new house.

Shawn and Becky said...

Wow I'll pray the house is right for you! Saw the best quote today. "And don't worry about losing. If it is right, it happens - the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away." Felt like that one was point right at me. No that we're looking into kindergarten we're contemplating moving . . . and well that is a big deal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails