Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Klekshun

Does your child have a Klekshun? (AKA: Collection) Are they a baby hoarder of random things? Do they flip out if they open the trash can and find a scrap of yarn because MOOOOOM THAT WAS MY YARN!!! Oh really? It was lying on the floor and looked like trash...because it IS trash.... so I threw it away. And now you've dug it out of the trash even though it was covered in possible raw meat germs or dog vomit and are playing with it again. Awesome. Welcome to my world.

I should be more understanding because I vaguely remember doing the same thing as a kid...having a collection not digging through garbage. My daughter's klekshun is on top of her bookcase and is very precious to her. Currently there are a pile of rocks, a used library sticker, a red tiny soccer ball, a black string, a screw, some gems, a broken princess wand, a square of toilet paper, and my personal favorite: a piece of nail polish that fell off her nail....I repeat a piece of nail polish that fell off her nail (!) I think we need to start watching hoarders as a family together.
Proof of the Klekshun

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoarders is one of my favorite shows to watch on the computer. I certainly believe in "collecting" but not when there is grossness involved (i.e dog vomit and raw meat germs). Good luck dealing with that one , Mom. Love, Gma aka Mom

Anonymous said...

Hoarders is one of my favorite shows to watch on the computer. I certainly believe in "collecting" but not when there is grossness involved (i.e dog vomit and raw meat germs). Good luck dealing with that one , Mom. Love, Gma aka Mom

kmom said...

Good luck!

Maria Clark said...

So glad that my daughter isn't the only one…. and it drives me crazy! :) I try hard to let her keep things… they are supposed to get put away in a small suitcase so they aren't scattered everywhere. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen!

kmom said...

When you find a house to move into, you can have your old what-not shelf and some of your old stuff to put in it with Olivia's stuff.

Shawn and Becky said...

Cameron has caught me throwing away pieces of toys or art work . . . I always apologize and say I didn't realize . . . and he usually responds with, 'Mom that was my special - insert trash here - And then we dig it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails