Monday, March 03, 2014

Who Are You Wearing? Oscar Party 2014

The icy weather kept quite a few from coming, but we still managed a great group to celebrate the 2014 Oscars at Jenna's last night!! My house is currently covered up in boxes so I appreciate her hosting for me! Here are the winners from this year's awards:
The Best Actress award went to the host Jenna.
Katie won for best supporting role.
Best Costume design definitely went to Lauren for her black ensemble.
The Dynamic Duo award went to Lindsey and Claire
The Lifetime Achievement Award goes to Summer. She's been at every party since it's reinstatement!
Amanda beat out a lot for Best Original Screenplay
And Whitney shocked us all when she won best Original Score!
Claire won Oscar Bingo and Whitney Won for most correct on her ballot!
We took a selfie too just like Ellen but I don't think we broke Twitter with it...but we tried!
Let me tell you the Oscar themed food brought:
Bringing Home the Bacon Wrapped Weiners for "Wolf of Wall Street"
Moon Pies, Milky Way Brownies, and Meteorite Meatballs for "Gravity"
Texas Sheet Cake and Cowboy Caviar for "Dallas Buyers Club"
Cornfields of "Nebraska" popcorn
"Frozen" Drinks
"Her" favorite brownies
I'm sure I'm leaving some awesome names out. We made up some of the names as they arrived ;)

Memorable moments of the night: John Travolta flubbing Idina Menzel's name...really John?! Ellen ordering  pizza. She did a great job hosting, but I felt we didn't really see her that often. Finding out Pharell is 40...he looks 18! The acceptance speech for "Let It Go." Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o and Matthew McConaughey's speeches. All of us singing along to Wind Beneath My Wings and Let It Go.

 As far as fashion goes I liked Cate Blanchett and Viola Davis the best. Surprisingly, no one really had any crazy attire this year.
I actually saw most of the movies this year but still didn't catch Blue Jasmine. So now I gotta another one to see!
See ya next year Oscar!!!

2 comments:

kmom said...

I agree with Lauren having the best costume, though the others were very good, including yours. I also like the beautiful turquoise dress in the last photo. Your party's food looked and sounded good. Yum!

Michelle said...

So fun! I might have teared up a little at the Frozen acceptance speech and Matthew's too...I blame it on my hormones still adjusting. (Oh too far our from delivery for that?!?)I wish I lived closer so I could do fun things like that, maybe sometime soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails