Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dayschool Graduation

This was Liv's first year to attend Northwest Dayschool and I couldn't recommend a better place for little kids. She loved it and that's why I knew something was wrong when she didn't want to go the last day. She kept saying her tummy hurt and she wouldn't eat and was acting sleepy.
I took her temperature but she had no fever so I chalked it up to her being sad about school ending and not being able to express her mixed emotions....so we left for school. Aaaaand then she threw up in the parking lot as soon as we got there. And then she threw up some more. I talked to the teacher because their end of year program was that night and I knew she needed to know if we weren't able to be there. She told me if Liv perked up and didn't have a fever to feel free to come. When we got home she cuddled with me and slept some more, woke up, threw up once more and then was perky and demanding food.
So much for that photo op!
I guess it was something she ate because she was pretty normal after that although I forced her to lie on the couch and watch cartoons because I was afraid it would come back. It didn't though so I guess it was something she ate the night before. We stayed home all day then went to her program that night.
The theme was American Bandstand and all the girls had poodle skirts and the boys wore their white tees and jeans. They sang a bunch of songs from the 50's and 60's and it was sooo cute!
A patriotic start off to the Bandstand evening.
We can't forget the locomotion!
Doing the limbo. How low can you go?
Liv did great on her duet with Carter singing High Hopes




Then all the older kids going to Pre-K next year in Mrs Kathy's class got to "graduate." They played the most sentimental-tug-at-your-heart-strings song while my baby and her classmates marched down the aisle in their little mortar board hats. I needed more warning than that, but I held my tears back. She was so proud and I was too!


Then the teacher told a special memory of each child. For Olivia it was that she was always drawing pictures for her and for me and Ryan to take home. Then she asked Liv what she wanted to be when she grew up. Her reply....."a princess." 

They even got to throw their hats!





Group hug with Ms Kathy!
Really mom? I just wanna go play with my friends.

After the show there was a nice reception where the teachers gave the students the scrapbooks they've been working on all year with some of the work they've done in them. Such a great keepsake.
despite the fake smile she loves her teacher!
Thank you Northwest for loving my daughter this year and helping her to blossom and grow in so many areas!

7 comments:

Katie M said...

Lol. Cracks me up that Keely photo bombed them. Cute pictures.

kmom said...

Glad Olivia got well so she could be a her graduation program. She looked so cute!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Congratulations, Olivia! Can't wait to see you all! Love, Aunt Denise

Anonymous said...

She's already Grandma's princess. So cute. Tell her I sang High Hopes in 7th grade choir and she and Carter did 100 times better job. See ya next week. Love, MomakaGma

kmom said...

Olivia told me she likes being sick, because she likes lying on the couch and watching movies on TV, but she doesn't like throwing up.

Ryan and Katie said...

Ha...that sounds about right!

Shawn and Becky said...

That was so cute! And you can see she's so proud! Congratulations to her and you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails