Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Remembering Great Grandpa

It's very important to Great Grandma that we all keep Great Grandpa's memory alive and she wants the little ones to feel comfortable talking about death and life after death in heaven.So we visit the cemetery whenever we are in town to pay respect to Great Grandpa and the rest of the family that is buried there. She comes up with unique ways for the kids to get involved and that morning they all got to pick a color balloon, then draw a picture or message to send to Great Grandpa. Liv really got into this idea and drew a picture of herself killing a tornado to send him. (I do NOT know where this urge came from but it was all her idea) We gathered together and shared memories then sang "I'll Fly Away" and had a prayer. Then we all got to release the balloons.
 
 
 Precious memories indeed.
Some glad morning when this life is o'er
I'll fly away
To a home on God's celestial shore
I'll fly away

I'll fly away Oh Glory
I'll fly away in the morning
When I die, Hallelujah by and by
I'll fly away

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing my grandchildren remembering this wonderful man.

Marcia Sherman said...

Awww. That is such a nice gesture. It's really inspiring that you guys never forget to remember and give tribute to your grandfather every year. What’s even more touching is seeing the kids also participate in the memorial. I love the balloon activity. It’s like you guys are sending all your sweet messages for him up there. All the best! :)
Marcia Sherman @ Comfort Keepers

Related Posts with Thumbnails