Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans

  • Since Ryan gets off at noon most Fridays we will get a few hours together before we pick up Liv from school. He got to experience his first crazy "pick-up traffic line" the other day, but I will admit it seems to be getting better.
  • We came home and played games and listened to the few things Liv would impart about her day. 
  • She tells me she has made no new friends at school and she doesn't want to. Jenna informed me she saw her talking a few girls all through lunch though so I asked Liv about this. She said "I do NOT know their names so they are NOT my friends." She still says she's the only one who isn't napping at rest time. I'll ask her teacher about it next week but Liv says she's allowed to play quietly on her mat so she's not complaining!
  • I'm excited to volunteer in her class and go eat lunch with her soon
  • She had her first cafeteria meal Friday: pizza. I told her she can eat once a week in the cafe.
  • Charlie is highly offended by the term "Old Maid." Nevertheless, she still played it with us.
  • We had some friends over Friday evening for more mature games and Noah and Liv stayed up playing til 10:30. The pay off was she slept in until 10am the next day! Finally...she's grasping what weekend are for! 
  • Saturday we went to the gym, shopped a bit for an upcoming bday party, attended a going away party for friends, and Ryan built Liv a jewelry holder and installed an electrical outlet outside since we had none. 
  • I'm far behing on posting house pics of the deck and Liv's room and our new guest room furniture. Maybe I will get to that this week. But maybe not. 
  • I can't believe it's almost September!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails