Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sharing Our News

When we told our family we were expecting Liv we just made phone calls and that was that. This time we were more technologically savvy and were able to capture their expressions. They are pretty awesome if I do say so myself. We told my parents the night they got to town after Liv was in bed (maybe that's why my mom is whispering her surprised reaction). I considered doing the rabbit thing like my sister did but since my mom didn't get it THAT time I thought I'd be more obvious and ask her to see some things I'd bought Liv......
After our doctor appointment Monday we shared the news with Liv. She is learning to read so I thought it would be fun to have her read her new "big sister" shirt. We had just gotten done with our reading lesson so I told her this was part of it. Even when she read it, she still didn't get it and it took some prodding.
She was all about helping us tell Ryan's parents later that evening while she wore her new shirt and we skyped with them on the big screen TV. Priceless.

10 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

And I cried again. Hope your're feeling okay. We need a side view of your tummy to see how big he/she is.

Michelle said...

Oh those are all so awesome!! Good job capturing all those reactions!!

The McDowells said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Jana + Ryan said...

So awesome Katie! I just cried at my desk at all three of those!!!

Anonymous said...

I was tearing up watching! -April B.

Heather Valee said...

What treasures those each are! so fun!

kmom said...

I didn't know I was being filmed until Randy's family said something about the videos at church last night. I had not seen or heard about the blog yet.

Jennifer said...

I love those reactions! Those are priceless!

lauren and brad said...

I am CRYING! This is so so so cool. The grandparents reactions are so special! And Liv cracks me up. I can't stop crying watching this!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Shawn and Becky said...

So awesome!!!! I'll never forget Cameron's reaction but I wish I had it on video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails