Sunday, October 26, 2014

Walking Field Trip

Every week each class in Liv's school gets to take a walking field trip somewhere downtown. The usual spots are the Myriad Gardens and the Library. They have been to the Devon tower though too. I got to accompany her last week to the library.
Nothing nervewracking about helping dozens of 4 & 5 year olds cross the streets safely! But they really did do a great job. Until one of them starting chanting things. First it was Go Pokes! Then Boomer Sooner! But then it got weird when they all starting yelling Ocean....let me try to spell it out for you....it sounded more like O-Cean which sounds like O-SH** which had all of us chaperones confused and a little sweaty to hear that many pre-k kids walking the down town streets yelling semi-expletives. Awesome.
Little kids in school uniforms really are quite precious.
Liv checked out a book about Antarctica....riveting.
My selfie lens is getting a bit smoggy!
It was a great time and she did MUCH better when we had to say good-bye this time than she did when I ate lunch with her the week before and there was wailing and screaming at the hour of departure. I'm excited to help next week at her fall classroom party too! They get a pizza party for winning their school pumpkin contest with this awesome Rainbow fish!
The kids in her class all got to help with painting it and putting their names on the circles and attaching them. I think it's pretty awesome!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun to have a school pumpkin decorating contest....I'll have to remember that for next year pto!

GmaakaMom said...

I remember many fun times going on field trips with my kids and now my grandkids. I love her red shoes with her uniform.

kmom said...

What a trip and what a pumpkin! Glad you got to witness both!

Related Posts with Thumbnails