Wednesday, October 29, 2014

While Daddy Demo'd.....

Saturday was the day Ryan was going to be knocking down walls and making a messy noise of our house so to calm my anxieties about house demolition, I thought it best to just stay away until it was done for the most part! I think I chose wisely! So Liv and I went to the gym (me for Zumba, her for watching TV in the kids area), then headed to Wings which is a pumpkin patch by OC. All proceeds benefit Wings which has programs for special needs adults. It is small but lots of fun!
She got her face painted and got to ride in this bumpy contraption that I think had I been further along would've made me start contracting. Not for pregnant people, but worth it to get the smiles on my butterfly girls' face!!
Peek-a-boo out the pumpkin window!
She learned the fine art of milking a cow
Her determination to jump on top of this hay bale was pretty intense. I lost count how many times I had to say "On your mark, get set, go" and she took a 50 yd dash with a flying leap at the end. After a few dozen tries she allowed me to help her to the top.
There was also a hay ride which we took a selfie on. 
And there were lots of great photo ops. We had lots of fun, and our day was just beginning!
Then we went to Chic-fil-a which is so ridiculously crowded no matter what time of day that I kind of loathe it but it's my kid's favorite so whatever. Then we headed to Edmond's History Museum which is small but free and has an awesome kids area. We spent HOURS there. No one else was there but us and she ran from the garden, to the pioneer house, to the store, to the bank, to the train station, and milked the cows about 100 times. We dressed up and played pretend like it was our job....because it kind of is her job at this age right? 
 
When it was Liv's turn to be in jail she smiled and I said "you should be sad to be in jail." She replied, "No I'm happy like Paul and Silas." Touche' my child.
She wants her birthday party at this place next year. Seems like a good place to me! Then we played at the park behind the museum for awhile before heading home to see what progress daddio had made!

2 comments:

kmom said...

Glad you had plenty of fun places to go and fun things to do to keep away from the demo mess.

Shawn and Becky said...

Super awesome pumpkin patch

Related Posts with Thumbnails