Sunday, November 09, 2014

Laundry Progress: Weekend Warrior

Ryan has worked the past two weekends on my laundry "room." (Before pics of the room were seen here) He widened the door opening so we could actually put the washer and dryer side by side. I was so excited to not have to contort my body in a weird position to get clothes out of the dryer this week that I ACTUALLY got the clothes folded AND put away in the same day that I washed them....this NEVER happens!
Day 1....oh plaster, how you make a dusty mess of everything
\
Day 2....it looks so open we consider leaving it this way!
Last weekend was mainly demo and this weekend he framed it and put the doors on that used to be on the closet that we tore out of that room. Now he just needs to drywall around it and put the trim back....and sand and paint. We also plan to re-drywall the nasty inside, but are waiting because we are getting 9 piers but in the house in about 2 weeks. (Anytime I say "we" I mean "Ryan," I am just the dictator. My job is to stay out of the way and make sure Liv does too!) Since jacking up a foundation can put new cracks in the walls....we already have plenty of those....we decided to wait until that's done before putting any new walls in! 
Day 3
Day 4....if only he didn't have to go to work and could just stay home, this project would be done in no time!
I've got lots to post about, just need to make the time to post it! House renovation plans are coming along, work is getting busy with Xmas decorating starting this week (the reason I'll be covered in glitter if you see me in the next 30 days), evenings seem to get taken up with gymnastics, church functions, or just quality time with friends or family that I'm not willing to give up to sit in front of my computer! No offense! By the time I'm home, my prego body is ready to sleep. More on that topic after my Dr. appt tomorrow! Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

kmom said...

Ryan is doing a great job! He is so talented!

GmaakaMom said...

Ryan I am so proud of you. You are SOOO your father's son. Wish we lived closer so we could help.

Shawn and Becky said...

Impressive. We will be right behind you on plaster wall demo and renovation! Can Ryan re-plaster? Or do you hire that part out?

Related Posts with Thumbnails