Thursday, January 01, 2015

2014 in Review

Happy New Year!! I'll eventually get caught up on our Idaho Christmas, but for now I thought I'd peruse the highlights from the past year. It's always nice to look back to remember the good times from the past year.
Family Memories of 2014
My greatest joys this year came from the news of our expanding family and finally finding a permanent home that we are slowly turning into a place we love. My greatest sorrow this year (although not too terrible) has probably been adjusting to Liv being away from me at school. It hasn't been easy (for either of us) and although it brings me great joy to see what she's learning and how she's developing socially, we still struggle most mornings and there's lots of tears often about going. We both look forward to the vacations, but then it's hard to get back into routine afterward!
Fun with Friends in 2014
We had lots of great trips this year: New York, Destin, Houston, Corinth, Lake Eufala, Branson, Nashville, Poteau (well I dunno if that was a "great trip"), Idaho, Newberg and Henderson of course. And we did some fun things around our city and state like see Disney on Ice, Beauty and Beast on Broadway, the Aquarium in Jenks and the Blue Belle Factory. Next year I'm sure travelling will be a bit lighter due to Ms. Haven's arrival but that's ok because I've been in "homebody" mode for awhile now! I'm sure I'll be nesting soon with a new house addition and new family addition on the way!
Holidays and Special Events in 2014
We learned some new skills this year from geocaching as a family to Liv experiencing soccer and gymnastics. She caught her first fish and is learning to ride a bike and read. She went through some tough times with a broken arm and her first cavity but she's a brave little girl!
Olivia in 2014
I'm still working on setting some goals for 2015, but I'm happy to say I met my goals for 2014. I tried out some new gym classes....although I wasn't crazy about them and proudly stuck with zumba. I traveled to a new state....Idaho, although I didn't get to see much of it since I was sick 75% of the time. We did move into a permanent home....yippee! And I did set a few small goals for myself throughout the year.

I hope your 2015 is off to a great start! Thanks for reading our blog. What were the highlights of your 2014?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful recap!! Soon you'll have another little one to fill your days!

GmaakaMom said...

Just want to say again how much I LOVE your blog. Thank you for making the time to continue it. It helps this Grandma feel like I'm sharing your lives even though so far away. God blessed me with a wonderful daughter in law. Love ya

kmom said...

I too am so thankful you frequently update your blog and include many pictures and sometimes a video. I feel like I know what you are doing. Thank you for sharing your lives with us! Hope you have a great 2015.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and make dollars from every visit to your shortened urls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails