Monday, January 26, 2015

House Renovation: Days 5-7

All that's left for the crew to do is the siding, but we are waiting on the city's inspection before they can put it up. I'm very satisfied and impressed with their work, their timeliness, their cleanliness and their ridiculousness....I say that because on the days they had to work INSIDE the house, they wouldn't use the interior stairs and door. They still climbed out the window of the new room and went down the ladder. I told them they didn't have to do that but I literally only saw them use the interior steps once when they had finally put the last window in and needed to come down.
Here's the finished product...
This is the entrance into the room as seen from the bathroom. The stairs and landing will need to be worked on but for now they work.
The view from the door into the room. The ceiling had to chamfered or vaulted some because otherwise it would've been pretty low! But we like it!
A view of the awesomely huge closet! And the window into our bedroom that will go bye bye soon.
 And here is the exit view looking across the stairs and hall into the bath.
I had the week off work while they did most of the work so Charlie and I stayed cooped up in my bedroom or the living room while lots of sawing and hammering and espanol was going on behind this plastic!
She got used to the noise. So did I.
Now we have these awesome blankets up to keep the draft at bay! Although with 70 degree days lately not sure we have had much cold to worry about.
Ryan's got his work cut out for him these next few weeks, but I know he can do it!

3 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Love it love it love it. Good luck Ry. You are your father's son so I know you can do it.

kmom said...

Three cheers for the workers! Now, go, Ryan,go! We have faith in you!

Anonymous said...

It's looking great!! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

Kelli

Related Posts with Thumbnails