Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sibling Class

Liv had a sibling class at the hospital on Saturday. While getting ready she asked "Is this a special occassion mom?" I told her that yes I guessed it was, then she replied, "so I can wear your diamond necklace?" She remembered I told her long ago it's only for special occasions, so how could I say no?!
(And yes she's already asked me if she can have it when I die.)
The class had 6 kiddos in it and they watched a video about becoming a sibling, what new babies can and can't do, and feelings they might have. Then they got to make some artwork for the baby with their handprint and decorate a onesie to give their sibling. 
They learned how to diaper and swaddle a doll they brought. 
(When told to rock their baby gently, she dumped it out of its swaddle and then swung her red bear around her head by its leg.)
They looked at pics of each other when they were babies. And then we got to see a labor/delivery room and try on some doctor gloves and such.
But of course her favorite part was the birthday cupcake and juice we got to have in honor of their new siblings!
Liv is all ready for you now, Haven!

6 comments:

AM said...

Aw!! That's so fun! I should have taken Iz!

kmom said...

Watch out, Mom! Olivia has a very actively thinking brain. She also knows what kind of action Red Bear likes the best. I think she will be gentle with Haven.

GmaakaMom said...

Of course she took Red Bear.

Kara Scharrer said...

I was laughing hysterically at the part where she dumped her bear out of the swaddle and then swung it around over her head by the leg. Ha! Love it! Looks like this was a really good sibling class!

Shawn and Becky said...

Great class. I'll say a prayer she doesn't dump the baby out!

Heather Askew said...

She asked me in bible class this week if she could have an extra coloring sheet to give to her baby sister. How could I say no?

Related Posts with Thumbnails