Friday, January 09, 2015

The Klekshun Has Grown!

Last January I posted about my daughter's Klekshun (AKA: Collection) and her hoarding tendencies. Since then the "klekshun" has grown and I have designated a whole basket on her bookshelf for her oddities. Many of the items are just misplaced toys or things without a home. It would make for a great "I spy" book....hmmm now I'm getting a gift idea for her....
Anyway periodically we go through the klekshun together and find homes for things, but being the hoarder that she is, she simply cannot part with some of the pieces of trash sooooo....sometimes I have to go through it when she's not around, because it would become a fire hazard, and I don't want to find dead animals in there one day (Animal Hoarders is a WHOLE other show I don't want to be a part of!)

Here are some gems from the klekshun today that I thought you'd enjoy.....
That's a picture of Herbert Hoover as a boy, an empty lemon heads box, very precious torn pieces of paper, some wrapping paper with a string attached (I think a gift from the neighbor girl), a decorated clothespin, broken toy glasses, rocks....sooo many rocks, a broken princess crown, a marble, a gem, a NASA pin...no idea where that came from, a stick, a feather, etc. Anyway....those were some of my favs from today (don't worry I let all those items stay...but I did throw out a few of the torn pieces of paper)! I need to go through my closets now and do the same!

4 comments:

kmom said...

Maybe she will part with some of those things while geocaching and then receive some more.

GmaakaMom said...

I need to go watch me an episode and then find a closet to clean out.

kmom said...

It is so much easier to throw away other's stuff than one's own.

Shawn and Becky said...

I need to get Cameron a box like that. His dresser serves as his and it's not pretty. So many tiny things to 'save'

Related Posts with Thumbnails