Monday, February 23, 2015

A Spot of Tea

I bought these tickets months ago knowing full well how pregnant I'd be when the time came, but not knowing I was supposed to be keeping my feet up. Luckily it was just a few hours of my morning (and I was at least sitting to eat) so we three ladies went to the Edmond Historical Society's Annual Victorian Tea Party fundraising event, and then I came home and put my feet up! 
Jeri brought hats for Liv and I to wear, but Liv decided she wasn't feeling that fashion statement. I looked like something out of Blossom and not the early 1900's but whatev.
There were period performances by these two ladies who did a great job schooling us Victorian tea etiquette along with fun facts about prominent Oklahoma women of the era.
I won't lie....it was a bit long for a 5 year old to withstand, and even though I warned her the kids area of the museum most likely wouldn't be open, Liv was super bummed about that. Luckily the food came soon enough and her favorite part was...the sugar cubes. After gobbling down three or four, her tummy began to ache, wonder why?! I loved the scones with lemon curd and clotted cream best of all.

It was fun to walk around and see all the different people in their costumes! This man closely matched Mr. Rodkey's cardboard cut out!
Even the "horse" got dolled up! The lady posing with her had an actual tea cup and saucer on her hat.
The servers were very Downton Abby-esque
And we had live music from this talented group of young women.
We got to look around the museum when the tea was done, and although Liv was sad about the children's part not being open, I'm sure we will return soon! She already claimed long ago she wanted her next birthday party here!
 I thought it was a fun event and I'm glad we got to have a girls day!

1 comment:

kmom said...

I'm glad you all went. I like Pic # 10 from the top where Liv has a spoon in a cup and Mrs. Jeri is watching. Papa and Grammy might have time to take her to the children's part of the museum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails