Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Bump: 35 Weeks and Showered with Love!

If you wanna get technical I'm not 35 weeks until tomorrow so this picture is off by a few days. I had my Dr. appt yesterday and sadly am showing signs of pre-eclampsia. (I'd like to blame it on the fact that I've had to quit working out because it finally got too uncomfortable, but I know that's not legit). My blood pressure and urine test were the bad signs and now I'm supposed to put my feet up as much as possible and watch for other symptoms....which I feel I will manifest by worrying about them! I'm not on total bed rest though so I still am going to try to work a short day once a week. 
I've also been having some extreme pelvic pain so she did prescribe some physical therapy so maybe I can walk and sit without discomfort. I think because it's been a pretty easy pregnancy, it's making these last few weeks even harder because I didn't get to ease into the discomfort, but as long as she's healthy I can put up with it for awhile longer. And Ryan is doing a good job putting up with me as always. 
The ideal goal is to make it to 37 weeks, if my blood pressure is still high at my next appt then they'll bump up my delivery date by 2 weeks, if it's super high or I develop other signs I'll have to deliver right away, if everything has gone back down to normal then I can keep cooking til March 11. Prayers are appreciated!
Anyway on to more fun things! These lovely ladies (plus Lulu and Danielle) hosted an amazing shower for me and baby Haven this past weekend. 

Liv was so excited, she got pretty fancily dressed up for the occasion! She wanted to eat that diaper cake so bad and was disappointed to find out it was made of diapers!
I basically unwrapped none of my gifts because she was my number one helper so I apologize now if the thank you card you receive does not match the gift you gave! Patience is a bit lost on 5 year olds!
There was an adorable headband making station. Haven is all set for hair accessories! Let's hope she likes to wear them!
My most cherished gift is this beautiful sign that Shanny made and sent. She was going to come up for the shower but was unable to but it means so much to me that she made this and sent it. She's been spoiling me and my girls with crafty goods for many years now!
I think it's safe to say there really isn't much Haven or I will need! We feel so blessed by the outpouring of love from so many friends! Thank you all for hosting and coming!

4 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Wow, that's quite a bounty. We will be praying diligently for you and Haven. Love you guys.

Michelle said...

Looks like a good time!! Love the sign. I will be praying for you too, get some rest!

Shannon said...

Aww, glad I could surprise you with a fun gift even though I couldn't be there. Looks like everyone had a great time! We will also be orating for you the coming weeks. Love you 😃

kmom said...

Wow! You received so many gifts! What a wonderful party! Olivia looks lovely and I'm glad she was included. If you can stop stressing about your house add on, maybe that will help your body. Easier said than done. I'll be praying for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails