Sunday, May 24, 2015

I Hate You Midland, TX

Partner in Crime Wanted: Apply Here!
You think I'd be used to this feeling by now. Shanny left me for St. Louis, Lolo left me for Seminole, and now Jenna leaves me for TX. While I know that having friends in other places has its perks (vacation destinations!), and that the best of friends can pick up right where they left off anytime they see each other...it's my daughter that my heart is also breaking for.
It's her bff too.
I can't type about it.
 I just cry and keep singing Martina McBride's "How Can I Help You to Say Good-bye" in my head.
Then I torture myself with these pics and eat my feelings







 

 The good news is they plan to be back in two years. Their family is still here so they will be visiting. And thanks to the military Sean HAS to be here one weekend a month so they plan to come up with him. It still stinks though. Weep with me and sing along please.
"Mama whispered softly, time will ease your pain,
Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same,
And she said, how can I help you to say good-bye
It's ok to hurt, and it's ok to cry...."

 I need more chocolate.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh noooooooo! I'm sad for you too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Katie. It is a big hurt to have someone close go far away. Glad there is still good opportunities for visiting but know it is different from the every day being together, My prayers are with you and Olivia. Love, Aunt Debby

TLKOREGON said...

oh man. that really stinks(I wanted to type sucks, but my mom doesn't like that word). Noah and Olivia are adorable together in every single one of those pictures! However, that one of them with Mrs.Claus is kinda creepy. It looks like it's just the top of her body. 2 years will go fast. Try chips and salsa. That's my go to sad food. =)

GmaakaMom said...

Saying goodbye (dare I say it) "sucks". Grandma shed tears for you Olivia.

kmom said...

So very sad. Olivia and Noah are so close and so are you and Jenna.

Jana + Ryan said...

Well that just made me really sad for you! :(

....and also I feel a little guilty now for being so sad about my best friend moving 30 minutes (we've lived on the same street for 4 years).

Shawn and Becky said...

Oh man what a bummer. I know that will be sad for both of you. Hang in there, thank goodness for texting and facetime. A week a month will be a huge bonus and p.s. I'm singing that song over and over in my head.

Related Posts with Thumbnails