Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

While I was home last week my dad mentioned that it wasn't until he and my mom were going through foster care training that he realized his upbringing and his girls upbringing wasn't the "normal" for most kids. It's easy to take father figures for granted when they've always been a part of your life. I'm so thankful for my daddy and there's really no way for me to understand how much his presence means to me unless I try to imagine a life without him, and I don't want to do that. Thank you dad for your guidance, love, and example. Happy Father's Day!
And to my other half who amazes me with his ability to be patient and loving to his houseful of hormones....well done. We love you and thank you more than our homemade cards and cheap candy can express!

And I can't let the thank-yous stop there because my spouse learned many of his fathering skills from his father (not to mention all those Mr. Fix-It skills that I gladly take advantage of too!) We love you Grandpa!
This was clearly taken a few months ago when Haven was tiny!
And a true Father's Day celebrated in the 21st century...a sibling selfie text to their dad! More fun with the Moores visit when I get done with the TN pics!

2 comments:

kmom said...

Hope Ryan enjoyed his Father's Day. He is a great dad and a great husband.

GmaakaMom said...

I'm glad you appreciate your Dad while your still relatively young. I always give thanks to God for my Daddy and I miss him every day. Happy Fathers Day to my wonderful son. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails