Saturday, July 11, 2015

Prego Anniversary

A year ago today we found out that we were expecting a new baby. Since we waited to tell most people for quite a few weeks, I don't think I ever told the story on the blog of how I told Ryan. It may not be as exciting as the New Year surprise he got in 2009, but we were planning to go to Branson that weekend and leave as soon as he got off work. I had taken the test and it was positive so I took a picture of it with my phone and waited until he got home. When he came home I started telling him how my phone was acting weird and it wouldn't let me into some app thinking that when he got the phone he would open it up and immediately see the pic. Well I'm such a good actress he paid no attention to the pic and closed it and asked me further questions about the app issues. So I had to take the phone and open up the pic again to show him.
I'm sure we hugged and smiled and then in true 21st century fashion...took a selfie! 
And much like in 2009 we were seeing family right away but managed to keep it a secret because we are stealth like that. Just look at everyone so oblivious to the fetus in my womb....
And here is our little secret a whole year later! 
We are so blessed to have her in our family!

1 comment:

kmom said...

Great story about Haven growing and a cute picture of her now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails