Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Olivia!

The night before Liv's actual birthday a wondrous miracle occurred. Something that's never happened in her life and hasn't happened in my life in over 10 years. Ryan's parents AND my parents were in the same location. That means Liv had BOTH sets of her grandparents here at the same time. Her head almost exploded.
 She made sure to tell Grandpa that Papa was better than him because he gave her shoulder rides but I calmed that fire by letting them know she told me Grandma was better than me because she carries bandaids in her purse. Ah six year old logic.

We all went to church together that night and stayed up later than usual to chat. It's hard for me to remember because I'm close with both sides of my family...that they never spend time together and don't really know each other! We had a great evening together.
In the morning Olivia woke up looking like a 6 year old and got to open her gifts from her grandparents before they headed out in their motor home.
Grandma still knows Liv's love language...Frozen!
She also got to eat a birthday breakfast of Lucky Charms.
I think she will remember this day for a long time. It was only for about 12 hours but it was a very special 12 hours!
After school that day she got to open the rest of the presents from her family.
 Do you see what's in that picture above???....that'll be the next post!

2 comments:

kmom said...

It was a special time to get to be with Ryan's parents. Hopefully we can do it again before another ten years and also for a happy occasion.

GmaakaMom said...

Amen to that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails