Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Don't Want Anymore Friends.....

My latests posts at OKCMB

I have a problem. I like to make friends. It doesn't sound like a problem right? Hear me out though and you might begin to understand...maybe you can even relate.
I like to get to know people. If you sit beside me at our kids' sporting events, I'm gonna ask questions about your child and start up a conversation. If you move next door to me, I'm gonna bake you cookies and knock on your door. If you volunteer for a school field trip, we're gonna share parenting tips and tricks and laugh at the common ground we share on the idiosyncrasies of 6 year olds. I'm not trying to be a busy body or nosey. I think it's just called being a "people person" and I'm genuinely interested in other people's lives and stories. I don't want to know people on superficial levels. I'd rather have friends than acquaintances. I take the Christian view of "treating others how you want to be treated" and "love they neighbor as thyself" to heart and that's one of the reasons I want to make friends with those I meet. Plus I remember being new to my church, gym, neighborhood, etc. and in need of a friend. Therefore, I always feel the need to be the welcoming one seeking out new friendships.  Well I used to. Then it became a bit of a problem.
And I currently don't want any more friends.....(To read the rest you can click here)

I also relived the day Liv broke her arm. It's been a year and a half so I wasn't nearly as traumatized to write about it now. Click here for that post!

We also got head shots I think last month and this was my favorite one of the photography lugging cranky Haven around because she wasn't skilled at sitting on her own just yet. That's talent...to take pretty pictures while holding a squirmy fussy baby. Thanks Mandy
She does an excellent job at making me feel pretty!

1 comment:

kmom said...

Super great head pic of you, Katie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails