Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sparkles is in Town

Sparkles McGlitter is back in town!
 He appeared on the morning of December 1 having brought Olivia a surprise when she awoke! He was hanging from the book shelves and the wrapped Christmas Countdown of books was on display. We have been opening one up each night!
In years past Sparkles has given us a specific mission each day on how we can serve others and spread Christmas cheer. This year he left Olivia a note saying he would just leave her a name or person each day and that it was her job to figure out a way to be kind to them, serve them, or show love. Most days if I ask her about it her reply is just "I was nice to them today." I guess that works ;)

Noah came to visit us last weekend and his elf, Dash, came too. The two elves had some memorable times together. And the kids were up one morning at 5:30 ready to hunt for them! Let's just say I did not have Christmas cheer on my voice when I told them to get back in bed!
The magic of Christmas has been in question this year...thanks to some neighboring children who seem to take joy in putting Olivia on the stand in front of her mother. Because it's not just my daughter and I one on one, it's hard to navigate the situation without lying, but I've tried to phrase it "would you be sad if the elf didn't move tomorrow?" For now this seems to satisfy her and she's still excited to find him each day.
 Good Ole Sparkles! I'll be back with more pics later!
Years past of adventures with Sparkles (shhh! Yes I repeat hiding places!)

4 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Makes me wish the little guy was around when my kids were little. I've seen some pretty creative "elf situations" on Facebook.

kmom said...

Maybe, maybe it would help to talk to the mother of the offending kids. I do enjoy seeing the adventures of people's elfs, but I would not want to be charge of one.

Ryan and Katie said...

I did :). It is a little harder this year as it requires one stay awake at least ten min after your children fall asleep or so and I can't manage to do that! Ryan's been picking up my slack though!

Ryan and Katie said...

I did :). It is a little harder this year as it requires one stay awake at least ten min after your children fall asleep or so and I can't manage to do that! Ryan's been picking up my slack though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails