Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Baby Dedication Sunday

Sunday we recognized the families who had welcomed new babies in 2015. Each family set up a table of photos in the lobby and members of the congregation wrote notes. Haven wore her grandma's dress for the special occasion and I bit my tongue as I allowed Liv to do her own hair. She's learned to do ponytails and she can't be stopped with their number, location, or needed accessories for them.
It's encouraging to see all those families we can go to for strength and comfort when the days (and nights) are a little long! All the families of children joined us on stage and a special prayer was said. So many kiddos they can't all fit in one pic!
The day was also bittersweet as we remembered sweet Poppy who we all wish could've been there too. Her table was beside Haven's and I teared up a few times over the friendship I wished they could've shared on earth. We will meet her one day though and I cling to that hope.
Thank you Mayfair for helping us be the village that raises our girls!
(And Thanks Danielle for the pics)

5 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Wish I could have been there. Our Haven is definitely the cutest. And you can tell all your friends I said so. 😀 I love your tribute to Poppy.

Anonymous said...

Love this! I'm glad there was a tribute to Poppy, too.

Rachel

Jennifer Vasquez said...

Love this. So grateful for Mayfair. Haven is as adorable as ever, and liv is just the coolest.

Jennifer Vasquez said...

Love this. So grateful for Mayfair. Haven is as adorable as ever, and liv is just the coolest.

kmom said...

What a wonderful day. Haven's table was lovely. Poppy's table was beautiful and made me cry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails