Saturday, January 16, 2016

Playing School

Is anyone else out there a fan of vintage golden books like I am? Whenever I see my girls playing school I automatically think of this book.
I'm a sucker for Eloise Wilkin illustrations. She might be the reason I wish I lived in the 50's. She has such a talent for finding the beauty in everyday activities with children.
On the last page of this book when Carol comes home, she plays Kindergarten with her baby sister, and that is what Olivia does almost daily. 
And no, I did not stage these.
I wish Eloise were alive to draw my daughters (because I'm sure she totally would be up for that) but I guess these pictures are pretty perfect too! I try to find beauty in their everyday activities too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom-in-law was the first one who pointed out this illustrator to me. I've sort of collected the books ever since. Is that the only one you have? I can probably share.:)
Aunt Debby

Ryan and Katie said...

Oh no I have lots but thanks!

GmaakaMom said...

I love the way Haven looks at Olivia with awe and adoration. So precious❤️❤️❤️

kmom said...

Yes, that is the way you used to look at Amy. So precious. Glad you captured it in picture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails