Monday, June 06, 2016

Last Day of Kindergarten

I'm not sure who was anticipating this day more. All of her friends were out of school, all of my friends' kids were out of school, and I was chomping at the bit for our summer to start! And it finally did!! I snapped a few pics of her before the carpool that morning.
A little comparison to the first and last days of Kindergarten!
  And Jamie got one of her and Sebastian at drop off.
I surreptitiously decorated the sidewalk and porch with some summery surprises after she left!
Then after lunch I volunteered for their art program. They've been doing an International Explorers week celebration. One day was foods from around the globe, one day was dance and music, one day was field day, and the last day was art. We explored the caves at Lascaux. I got no pics because I was reading a book to them in a cave and it was dark. Amanda and I managed a selfie though!
Each class learned about a different country and got to march in with their flags and perform something they learned at assembly. Liv's class went earlier in the week and did a Mexican hat dance so I did not get to see it. I did see a few classses though and they all did such a great job. Then the kids who had perfect attendance for the month got to duct tape Dr. Pierce to the wall. Good times
Olivia allowed one last picture with her Kindergarten teacher. And look she found her real smile because I think she really does love her! What a saint for putting up with 20 Kindergartners all year...I was in a cave for 10 minute sessions with lots of grades and about lost my mind!
I was cheering with glee as we walked out of school, and she was rolling her eyes at me telling me to calm down. What a buzz kill!
Then we came home and she screamed and darted out of the car when she saw the porch of goodies. There was also a pass to white water bay and frontier city inside. I hemmed and hawed on it, but couldn't resist in the end! Return of the goofy smile!
We spent the rest of the evening on the porch and playing with summer toys. I think we are off to a great start to our summer!
Haven loves to drink bubbles. Yum!
 Runaway baby!!

2 comments:

kmom said...

What a great way to start summer vacation!

GmaakaMom said...

You are such an amazing mommy. Happy summer Olivie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails