Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Olympic Party {Rio 2016}

The Olympic opening ceremony snuck up on me, but we managed to still celebrate in patriotic style! Luckily I had saved some decor from the years before and I have friends who are down for a themed party with 24 hours notice!
 We had lots of yummy red, white, and blue foods to eat while we watched the Rio Opening Ceremony. 
Since then NBC has been on at our house practically all day. I always forget how much swimming there is in the summer Olympics. Right now I am watching the trampoline competition and very thankful Liv is at school, lest she try some of these feats next door on the neighbor's trampoline! ha!
The kids with their torch ice cream cones!
 Liv is learning the athletes by name and hilariously keeps asking if Oklahoma is winning. No matter how much I try to explain geography to her...it's not clicking just yet! Oh well, we will keep chanting USA! USA! as we watch Phelps, Simone, and Ledecky dominate our evenings!

2 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

That sure is a handsome torch bearer ya have there.

kmom said...

Looks like everyone had fun. Wish I was there to have helped eat the food. It looked yummy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails