Friday, May 19, 2017

Book Review

I feel there are Four categories that I spend most of my free time on.
  1. Blogging
  2. Reading
  3. Working Out
  4. Keeping House Tidy
I can usually do three of them well at a time. (Not all at once of course!) My house is looking decent, I'm catching up on my posts and my gym routine has never been better.....sooooo reading is definitely the one that's been slacking as of late. But I am finally getting caught up on some house projects and blogging so I can't complain much! I figured I should write this book review before I forget what I read this month. I started three books that I never really got into so we will see what I get around to by the next review! 

The Sun is Also a Star was a young adult fiction book we read for book club. I liked the style it was written in and the random tidbits I learned about like why South Koreans have the corner on all the black hair care stores. But the teen love story was almost too much to stand at times and it needed to be edited in certain parts that dragged on. It ended similarly to Lala Land which I liked but some people loath. I give it a 7 and recommend it if you like young adult literature. (I really really like the cover art of this book, it's string art. So if I were judging a book by the cover it would be a 10....maybe I should start a separate category for this, but there's often multiple cover designs if a book is popular enough so maybe it won't work)

Primates of Park Avenue. This memoir is a bit of a satirical look into a woman's move to the upper east side. She writes about the culture of the uber rich mothers and relates it to anthropological studies of all sorts of creatures in nature. It's funny but also fascinating. I learned about lots of things from Birkin bags to how to get the right apartment and the way to make friends with wealthy white women is to flirt with their husbands. It's a world very far removed from mine so it seemed like fiction at times but alas it is not. I give it an 8 and recommend it if you like memoirs or those reality housewives shows.

Rules of rating seen here

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails