Monday, June 12, 2017

Potty Training

Reasons she's pouting: All the Thomas panties are dirty? She can't be naked in the front yard? She has to grow up? Your guess is as good as mine!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm talking about Potty Training. I thought it best to hit the potty training pretty hard between our two big summer trips. So the day we got home from Oregon (last Sunday) we just quit dipes cold turkey except at bed time (although she's been dry already a few mornings!). I thought I'd do the three day method like we did with Liv first, but I just didn't see how that would be possible when we had too many fun things already lined up to do!
Like a little bird ready for her smartie 

There have been a lot of messes of course but also lots of successes! There's also been a lot of outdoor time for me to perfect my chalk art. 
She's got #1 down pretty well, but #2 is still a struggle. Public toilets are getting easier, especially if I go first and wave the smarties in her face. But we've successfully gone to the library, church, the science museum, a friends house, and the garden concerts with no accidents! We also went to a few places where there were accidents....
She peed on this cardboard movie prop right after I took this pic. You're welcome Tinseltown. (I cleaned it up, no worries)
I finally downloaded all the 300+ pics from Oregon so I'll start to narrow them down and post soon but first....I'm off to sing the potty song for the billionth time and cheer for Haven and her new skill! When do we go back to not cheering everytime someone in the family flushes? Ha!

2 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Good luck with that Katie😀

kmom said...

Yay for Haven going potty! Katie, you are great with sidewalk chalk art. A little potty in the car might come in handy when you are out with only big potties available.

Related Posts with Thumbnails